View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #38
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentRogers View Post
Yes I discovered this when I put it on the charger and it wasn't flat. I've never had to fill a battery before, so I had no idea.

Fortunately my Ace arrived relatively unscathed. The chrome sleeve on the right shock has a few small dents in it. I can't see how this would have happened in transit, and suspect it was dented from the start. I don't care though as the shocks will be replaced.

Good to hear that it doesn't take much to get the Ace moving a bit quicker. I have followed your lead and purchased some parts from OORacing. Did you happen to ride it before and after installing the CDI? I'm curious to know what sort of difference it makes.
A couple of my mates have dinged rear shocks. You can turn them around and face the dints inwards. As for the CDI i can not tell any real difference. I think all it does is increase your red line.

Herb. What a cracker of a summer you guys are having. Some of my friends are over your way riding their bikes across Europe for 3 - 6 months. I was umming and arring about going this year as well. I missed out on a UK heat wave.
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote