View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life
I bought an '05 Majesty just to commute to work because my 1900cc Roadliner seemed to be a bit of overkill for a short 10 mile trip each way. before long I found myself riding it more than the Roadliner or the DR650. I loved the convenience of putting my backpack under the seat, ride to work, pull out the backpack and store the helmet in there. I didn't want to carry the helmet in with me all the time and since I ride daily, year-round, I am concerned about UV deterioration of the helmet hanging in the sun 10-12 hrs a day... every day. I've done many 4-500 mile days, much of it at 80-85mph on the highway, and it was very comfortable and stable. Now the DR and Roadliner are gone and I only sold the Majesty to make room for a BMW C650GT. The GT is my only bike at the moment. After the bank account heals, I'll probably add an old BMW /6 and a Moto Guzzi Stelvio to round out the fleet.

Thanks for the feedback R4L. This confirms a lot of my suspicions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli
...In my opinion used low mileage Silverwings are huge bargains and they are out there. I test rode a C650GT and it was amazing, but not $11K amazing compared to my $4K used Swing with 4K miles. Honda has nothing new that would sway me away from the Silverwing.
What type of fuel economy are you getting with your S-Wing? Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy299
Maxi scooters are still pretty heavy, and their seat height is a bit too tall for some.
The weight thing concerns me as well. My Reflex is a little heavier than my DR650. Granted, the weight is down low but it's still kind of a pig to push around. Why do these things have to weigh so much?

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote