View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #33
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Pissed contacted Scala support...

...and the first response was not promising:
To: Cardo Systems Customer Support
Subject: G9 interferes with Garmin Montana GPS receiver?

Hello,

I have a Scala Rider G9 I purchased from a local retailer in mid June, and two weeks ago when using it with my Garmin Montana 600 I noticed that the Garmin was not connecting to satellites. I've since confirmed that the Garmin will connect to satellites just fine as long the G9 is not turned on. When the G9 is turned on, however, the Garmin's reception drops from 10-12 satellites at near full strength down to 2-3 satellites with marginal strength.

I'm not sure what to do. I've run all the updates on both devices and they're both running the latest firmware and software versions, and I've tested this in numerous environments, even off the bike to ensure it's not an RF issue related to antenna lengths.

Help?

Ranjan

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Cardo Systems Customer Support wrote:
Hello Ranjan,

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

Unfortunately we donít have any suggestions that would allow you to resolve this issue as the devices may be interfering with each other.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other questions.

Best Regards,

Geoff Grey
Customer Service
www.cardosystems.com
+1 412.788.4533
+1 800.488.0363

to: Cardo
Actually, the G9 is the one interfering with the Garmin. The Garmin can't interfere with the G9; it's a receiver, it transmits no signal, and has no Bluetooth functions. This is not an acceptable response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Scala's response on Facebook was to say "Hi Mike, please contact our support team at Phone: +1 412 788-4533 or via e-mail support@cardosystems.com"
intr1gue is offline   Reply With Quote