View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #27
gs-ell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpop View Post
Cheers, man... I ended up buying the rear sets from "flat-racer" and the brand are Tarozzi. Finish seems great, light yet strong. All in all very good.

Yes, i have seen the super beemer and have spoken with Elliot over email a little bit. He is doing a great job with that bike and i do look forward to seeing the finished product. I contemplated doing the same style setup he did with the paralever rear and USD late model front but the cost would blow out and my budget is stretched to the limit already.
Violetpop, i am Elliott.
I meant for the next project, which is leaning on the wall, i think i'll keep it 'classic' looking.
The cost for the build of superbeemer aint that bad, though i have swapped parts for parts!!

Why does no one like the R65 as a race bike?
It's a short stroke, loves to be revved engine, my current bike has had 115mph with a few tweaks to carb inlets and air intakes, and for superbeemer i've a huge list of mods for the engine, to really increase the bhp.
But most people i speak to always say go for the 1000, but isnt it a more low down grunty engine??

Ignore the purists mate, BMW made a great bike some just like to make it look LOADS better.

All the best
gs-ell is offline   Reply With Quote