View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #28
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs-ell View Post
Violetpop, i am Elliott.
I meant for the next project, which is leaning on the wall, i think i'll keep it 'classic' looking.
The cost for the build of superbeemer aint that bad, though i have swapped parts for parts!!

Why does no one like the R65 as a race bike?
It's a short stroke, loves to be revved engine, my current bike has had 115mph with a few tweaks to carb inlets and air intakes, and for superbeemer i've a huge list of mods for the engine, to really increase the bhp.
But most people i speak to always say go for the 1000, but isnt it a more low down grunty engine??

Ignore the purists mate, BMW made a great bike some just like to make it look LOADS better.

All the best
Ahhh it all makes sense now!! How are you, Elliot? Yeah i think i will. You never know what will come up so it doesnt hurst.

Man, i think with parts, us aussies down under get jacked because for some of the second hand used parts we are getting charged and arm and a leg! I will stick to this current suspension set up and see how it go!

Do you have a thread here or you doing it from your blog?... The latest pictures i saw look bloody good man and yes, i do like the engine. Had no problems taking me 4000km without a problem before i pulled it down. I would like to have a spare 65 engine to tinker with, as you said, ports and carb wise...

* by the way, the World Wide Web isn't that World Wide hahaha

violetpop screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 06:19 AM Reason: *
violetpop is offline   Reply With Quote