View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #6076
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
Ironically enough, some tests have come up with results which somehow show that a number of games work best with an AMD proc + nVidia card. The guys doing the tests had absolutely no idea why that happened.
That is a bit odd, the only thing I can think of is AMD has pretty much retreated into the low-mid end market and the gaming world, they've all but given up the high end market. Though value wise they look pretty good on paper/benchmarks (@ 200 bucks they have a 8 core processor which is 50% faster than intel's i5 at the same price) as long as your program doesn't use a single thread. The problem is their next step up @ 350 dollars is slower than intel's i7 of the same price...and after that it's pretty much all intel except for the overclocked 5 Ghz turbo mode AMD CPU that's 900 dollars and needs liquid cooling, but that thing is still slower than ~500 dollar intels.
from
And since gaming is their niche now I wouldn't be shocked that they optimize the CPU's for it VS intel who's CPU architecture is used in well....gaming computers, video editing, to servers, to super computers....pretty much everything.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 06:32 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote