View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #3846
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Here are a few pictures from a two week cross country camping trip I did earlier in the summer:

At the Bonneville Salt Flats:

At camp in Montana:

A windy, rainy night at the Badlands. The Kelty tarp was really nice to have as the rain was blowing in sideways all evening.

I have two Seahorse SE720 cases for panniers and a Givi E45 top case. The side cases are 26 liters each and the top case is 45 liters, so my total capacity is 97 liters. All of my gear fits easily into the cases with enough room for about a twelve pack of beer and a few munchies to bring to camp.

I have a Eureka Backcountry 1 tent. It's a one man tent and is a little on the small side, but I knew I'd have to give up a little bit for a tent that packed small enough to fit in one of my panniers along with room for a few other things. It's not ideal, but I lived out of it just fine for two weeks. It's long enough that for me (I'm 6'0") that I could stuff all of my gear at one end of the tent and still have enough room to sleep.

Packed list:

Right pannier:
clothes bag
underwear/sock bag
camp shoes (Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars)
toiletry bag
sleeping bag
towel

left pannier:
tool kit with air pump
ratchet straps, cambuckle straps
pacsafe security net
first aid kit
tent
Kelty 9' tarp without poles

top box:
food bag
cooking bag
water filter
a-lite chair
bear spray
atlas, textbook (wasted space and weight, as I didn't study at all while I was gone)
souvenirs
extra water (platypus 2L bag, sometimes filled, sometimes empty)
electronics bag (camera battery charger, helmet cam, tablet, wireless keyboard, all charged from Powerlet charger in top box)
extra waterproof bag that I can strap to the passenger seat if I need to

tank case:
all the shit that we normally keep in a tank bag

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote