View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #585
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixspeed View Post
I give them credit, they'll pretty much just about let anybody take out anything out for a demo ride.

And maybe I'm lucky (or blessed) but I've never run into a pushy saleshole at a HD dealer that tried to push me into a bike I didn't want or didn't fit me.
I actually have very limited experience with HD dealerships. But, the one time that I did wonder into one and see a bike I actually liked, the salesman actually offered me a test ride on his own, without me even inquiring. I wasn't even in there with any idea of buying a bike. Me, and the then future MrsRandy just wondered in on a lark to kill some time. But, a few days later I went back and took that test ride. I actually rode two bikes that day. They ended up not making a sale, but it did make me want one. Then a month or so later my fiance bought me the bike I wanted as a surprise Christmas gift from a dealer that was closer to me than the one that I took the test ride at. So, while that dealer and salesman didn't get anything out of it, HD's policy did sell a bike. I never even dreamed I'd want a Harley until I took that test ride. And, I agree, there was no pressure at all while there either time. They didn't try to steer me onto another bike. Just offered, and later gave me a ride on the bike I liked.
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote