View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #1447
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shercoman View Post
Not necessarily.Mr.BW is right.If you are mixing o-ring chain parts with non o-ring or something funky,you may not have a matching master for your chain.
Did the master link come apart? Is that why your chain came off?

If so I imagine the parts are lost.
The key is that the clip,when installed is in the grooves on the pins and tight.It it moves around or is loose it will come off easily.
Installed properly,it should take pliers or a bump from behind with a screwdriver to get the clip back off.You should not be able to wiggle it or move it around with your fingers.It should be tight.
The rear chain was being cleaned and re-installed- purchased new master link at non-Yam. shop. clip-style- not o-ring as on front..I think I must have done one of your items wrong, I know it was in correct dirrection. Yes it failed at the master and could not find any of the parts..Of course the tool box and bag of extra links were 40 miles away at home..live and learn..
i wouldnt expect to swap 520 / 530 parts but shouldn't all 520 master links be the same?? or only a Yammie link on a yammie chain? / renthal link on renthal chain? Etc..
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote