View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #2042
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 733
From what I saw, a better set of hand guards and a bit more aggressive rubber and you're all set. You have the right attitude, and crash bars (oh sorry Triumph, dresser bars) to get the job done. Maybe the upper bars, but tires first.

I thought I wouldn't ride with the luggage rack when not camping, but the rear crash protection it affords has saved mine and the bikes ass many times already. It also seems to make the bike easier to pick up, a lift handle and just that much more off the ground. But not the highest priority.

(FWEIW, I bought a Sven saw last night, and you can have my Fullbore front if you want, 60% left...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Alright, so this thread rocks since there's so many options for people's style and of course function.

Can we get a nice list of what one should do in order of priority to their 800 for dirt worthiness?

Function highest to lowest

List what you have/tried/don't recommend/need desperately

I'm in the beginning stages, so this is super important as I'm hooked, and want to avoid crashing as much as I did on some proper trail riding with stock tires...

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote