View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 AM   #2044
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
From what I saw, a better set of hand guards and a bit more aggressive rubber and you're all set. You have the right attitude, and crash bars (oh sorry Triumph, dresser bars) to get the job done. Maybe the upper bars, but tires first.

I thought I wouldn't ride with the luggage rack when not camping, but the rear crash protection it affords has saved mine and the bikes ass many times already. It also seems to make the bike easier to pick up, a lift handle and just that much more off the ground. But not the highest priority.

(FWEIW, I bought a Sven saw last night, and you can have my Fullbore front if you want, 60% left...)
Yea, that was my impression too...

Good thing we tested the structural integrity of my current gear, right! Always test your gear, very important. Except on motorcycles... Send Buster to take care of that.

THANKS! I'll definitely take you up on the tire! It will give me a proper starting point of aggressiveness. I was comforted slightly when your worn out rear was about the same tread as my stockies, so in THEORY, I should have made it look half as good as you did. Didn't happen, but hey, it was only a theory....
btao is offline   Reply With Quote