View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #24946
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Burton, a pair of MX boots is very, very important. I bought new $80 el cheapo MSR boots and they have paid for themselves ten fold in 5 years. Not even comfy to stand in but don't bother me at all in the bike. Walking in them is brutal but I can manage. I have had my feet cleaned off the pegs numerous times by unseen stumps or limbs that popped up and jousted my shin with great force. I have dropped the bike on myself with the exhaust on the boot and in and on. I never got more than a slight bruise. Had I kept going in hiking boots I may have been stranded with a fracture and no cell service. I have done a lot alone and been lucky. Do not seek shoe creek or big levels. alone until you are fully equipped and even with a buddy ill-equipped you could cause a dramatic day. It dies take a lot of time and money to gear up with protection, but it could cost you a lot more being adventurous and unprepared. My boots fit a 9.5 - maybe a 10.5. You can use the funky ever ripening pair on the S500 if you want. I am in Nags Head now or else I would offer them up for this weekend. You can't hurt em'.
Thanks Dirtmonkey. I will be buying boots ASAP. It's the most important thing on my gear list now that I have pants. I already have an MX chest protector or a motorcycle jacket I can wear for my upper body.

After the insight on the Ebay hand guards I may cancel my order. The guy still hasn't sent me an invoice so I will probably make a claim to cancel the transaction and leave him neutral feedback. You would think 2 emails and a call to give someone your money, and they would send you an invoice.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote