View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Hi V-strom riders.

I'm newish to this bike, but not to Adventure riding. I've always thought the V-strom platform could be a great bike to offer a nice DS Bike with a few mods. This last winter a local rider/ bike owner and I put some thought into it and decided to give it a go.

Seeing as how there is such a limited amount of 650cc DS bike built to handle luggage and offer easy servicing and long life.
That bike is nuts!

It won't just handle luggage. It'll handle a passenger comfortably too.

Why can't the big-name mfrs' development pros figure out that an adv bike should probably be kept dirt-capable at well under 500lb curb? That it should have adjustable long-travel suspension and be able to take knobby tires? That it should be able to haul a passenger as more than just an afterthought?

Why can WE all figure this out, but the big names can't?
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote