View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #61985
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
Question for the masses.Does anyone know how to figure rolling resistance for a trailer? I'm thinking of getting a enclosed trailer like 7x12,7x14 size and was trying to decide if a single axle or dual axle would pull easier. It seems to me 2 tires would provide less resistance over 4 as far as contact patch. I think 2 axles would provide a smaller footprint on said tires as they would not have as much weight flexing on the side walls etc. Someone help me understand this,my single axle 6x12 causes serious mileage drop,and it is an open trailer. I think it is from the ramp gate, causing drag,even though it is full of holes. Anyone want to offer an opinion on this? Thanks
I have a 2010 7X16 United UXT with about 1000 miles on it. I used it one time to haul household goods.

I have 60 feet of e-track and several hundred dollars worth of clip in D-rings for the track (all new and uninstalled)

It is white with a heavy duty ramp door. It is 7' tall so you can ride into it without ducking. One piece aluminum roof. Rivet-less exterior, bull nose front cap, Stainless front corners & diamond plate rock guard. Electric brakes, spare tire, LED lights all around. Side entrance door as well.

Will hold 4 large adventure bikes without a chance of them ever touching or 6-8 off-road bike bikes packed in there like sardines.

I used to have vacations/time off work and my plan was to add a screen side door and a roof mounted air conditioner and turn it into a primitive camper.

I have painted the walls battleship grey. I have two gallons of the same paint for the floor.

Stored inside my barn.

SPECIFICATIONS FOR UXT SERIES:

FRAME AND HITCH
• Heavy Duty Steel Frame Construction
• Protective Undercoating on Lower Frame
• Weatherguard Coating on all Fasteners
• 16" On-Center Walls
• 16" On-Center Floor & Ceiling
• 2 5/16" Coupler

TIRES AND AXLES
• E-Z Lube Hubs®
• 15" Radial Tires
• Aluminum Wheels
• 3500 lb Independent Torsion Axles w/Brakes
• 7-Way Trailer Plug

INTERIOR
• 3/8” Plywood Interior Walls
• 3/4" Plywood Floor
• Lauan Roof Reinforcement
• Approx. 6' 6” Interior Height

EXTERIOR
• .030 Smooth Aluminum Exterior
• Screwless Exgterior Sides Eliminating Screws
• 24” Aluminum Stone Guard
• Safety Chains
• Aluminum Outside Fenders
• TSR Sidewall Vents
• Bright Front Corners
• Deluxe Trim
• Choice of Rounded Front Cap, No Cap and Flat Front, Racer Special Front

DOORS
• Ramp Door
• 32" Side Door

12 VOLT ELECTRICAL
• (2) 12-Volt Lights w/Switch
• LED Clearance and Tail Lights

WARRANTY
• 7 Year Limited Warranty
• 25 Year Floor Warranty

They are about $6,500 + tax new,

I will take $4,500 (I have more than $500 in the e-track & clips that will go with it.)