View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 04:22 AM   #96
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,283
I've had my '05 WeeStrom for 9 months and put 6000 miles on it so far. This bike is fun and versatile - it is as close to a "do-it-all" motorcycle as I have ever owned. I started riding back in 1972 on a Yamaha Mini-Enduro. Had a bunch of bikes since then. I wanted a street-oriented dual sport that was excellent on the asphalt and good off pavement. After test riding the BMW GS 1200, I could not justify the enormous difference in price between the Beemer and the Wee. I paid $5900 for the Wee - an amazing value.

It took me a while to get comfortable on the Wee, but with a few farkles, it now fits me like a glove. It is truly all-day comfortable now. What has been impressive since day one is its incredible stability in aggressive cornering up in the mountains. Acceleration is impressive and I've seen 120 on the speedo in 6th gear at 10,000 rpms. Gas mileage has averaged in the low to mid 50's.

The more I ride this bike, the more I like it. I can tour, commute, run errands, go for a cruise, play sportbike or play in the dirt with it. One of my favorite things to do is attack a set of asphalt twisties, then take a fire road or two to connect me with the next set of twisties. I have never had a bike before that can play in the dirt and then tear up a set of twisties as well as the Wee can. On fire roads, hard packed dirt or gravel, I can flat haul ass on this thing.
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote