09-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Larch
wish-list so far:
• No Orange. Anywhere. (On at least one option!) "Good Luck, have you tried the GSpot forum? ;)"
• Electronic suspension option on the "R" model "would be good but I think you have more options with the manual"
• Better quality control (no more front wheel nightmares / loose hoses etc.) "Yup, its a first model though so there will always be teething issues"
• Improved indicator switch (more feel) "I still like the paddle ones off the pre 2012 BMW F650-800's, its not too bad but feels abit hyundaish"
• Better heat insulation for rider "Would be good"
• Better side-stand design "fkn oath, the side stand may as well have a pointed end, you cant use it on anything short of asphalt or rock.."
• Increased alternator output "Haven't really needed it, although the battery needs to be a bit higher amps as sometimes its doesn't have enough grunt to kick it over until the 6+ turns""
• Better headlamp (led?) "It isnt too bad as it is, there is the option for aux lighting as well"
• Electronic cruise control (on both models, at least as an option) "Now your just getting lazy :P"
• On-the-fly adjustable windshield "Umm it is, i just adjusted mine doing 110km/h??"
• 1290 Super Duke engine "waste of weight and effort, ive never needed more power"
• Better spring rates (if needed?) "Umm well I can only talk from BMW's perspective here, they set up their bikes for 85kg people.. So if KTM has a golden number similar to this then a factory option of spring rates might be good? I have found my 100kg weight fine with the current spring rate."
comments above :P
New KTM 1190 Adventure R
RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin