View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #25
The Cheat OP
Tard

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoplaner
Cheat,
Looks like a very viable and well done cart. Donít know about the highway with that wheel but for the trail/gravel roads it looks great.

I can see how that hitch would probably have plenty of strength on the vertical axis but it seems like it might bend were you dragging it uphill, loaded down, through the mud and over a log etc.. maybe not.
I think the Bobjob hitch is very basic - going through/off of the axle and on a bicycle with no suspension this is a natural but on a bike with perhaps ten inches of suspension travel your design of not going off the axle would be preferred.

Congratulations.
The wheel/Tire combo does pretty well on and off road. It has very strong cartridge bearings that seem to take the weight and speed. I am still going to try some other wheels though. Maybe one made for a little motorcycle like on a 50cc or something.

Now the hitch I made for my SXC is another story. Your observation is right about being strong on the vertical axis, but it is too flexxy side to side. I plan to make a new one that bolts to the passenger peg mount also. Kinda like a hard case rack.
The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote