View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Velociraptor OP
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,021
Rode the 40 mile round trip in a driving rain with gusty winds. The demo was cancelled due to weather conditions. I can understand that. They had some bikes in the store though, so I got to check them out and sit on the Adventure R. Too bad we could not ride them but really the rain is dumping nonstop.

I had an interesting reaction to the Adventure R. It felt BIG, long, and kind of heavy......compared to my Supermoto R. I just had this gut feeling that on gravel roads my 990 Supermoto R would be more fun than this new Adventure R because the SMR is much lighter and lower. No doubt that on genuine long distance adventure rides the Adventure R would be the better bike, but I came away liking my SMR even more! If I ever decide to go on some long adventure ride I will take my 690r. The 690 is way lighter, survives get-offs fine, and as I have it set up, has a 200-250 mile range. It turns out that the most tempting bike for me in the store was the 500 EXC! I briefly considered doing a trade-in of my SMR for the 500, but the madness quickly passed
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote