View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #19985
scottie boy
Homebrew Guru

Oddometer: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dust View Post
Think I asked about if it was the latest flash version, should be since ECUnleashed exist a bit everywhere, anyway the tuner said the others raved about it.
I guess 30 years of riding start to catch up with my hands but having said that I personally think this bike vibrate more than many other I owned and definitely in the top of vibration kings in my book at least.
Thought the bike was getting better and could even do 4 hours between fuel stops without major problems but since I started to fiddle with changing bars back & forth it became worse. My hands got a real shake up from the aftermarket ones and maybe they did not "heal" up before my trip today after putting the stock bars again, getting pretty quick to change bars now :-)
Might as well continue anti vibe farkle and next up might be the vibranators and the 2 1/4" anti vibe bar risers from Rox also will get fresh foam grips and maybe other hand grips as well. Maybe my upcoming 6000 mile service will fix some vibes, I refuse to give hope as yet.

I had horrible vibration problems when I first purchased my bike. It was putting my hands and feet to sleep. I honestly was concerned about nerve damage because it would take my hands a day or two to recover after an extended ride. I raised hell with the selling dealership and with Yamaha customer service and was told that there was nothing they could do. Quite often I was told here, "My bike doesn't do that, it must be in your head". In short, I know what you are going through.

You mention in your post your upcoming 6000 mile service. You would think that at this point your bike would be broken in but mine wasn't. I currently have about 17,000 miles on mine and I swear it gets a little smoother all the time. The tingling and numb hands are now a thing of the past. If I could offer two bits of advice. The first would be to ride your bike and ride it hard. Obviously don't abuse it but DO NOT baby it. I purposely shifted higher in the rev range to force the motor to break in. I also took it to the twisties near here where you tend to rev it higher and have constant rpm changes. It helped a lot. In fact, I noticed a marked improvement after a certain weekend chasing my buddies all over the mountains. Secondly, buy yourself a pair of Grip Puppies. I paid about $10 American but they are worth ten times that in terms of comfort.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1zgyt9fd96_b

I hope this works for you. I know how frustrating it can be.