View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #1124
Solarbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
I went and sat on one at the dealer yesterday. The dealer and I had an agreement that I would be the first one they called when it was ready to drop on the showroom floor. I went in fully expecting to buy it. Light weight, nice power, good looks in pics. But in person, those wheels are ucking fugly. Seriously, it was the wheels that turned me off, and also the fact that it is a new model and sure to be full of mistakes and future recalls. I could envision all my buddies asking if I went to Walmart and bought some redneck blue spray paint. It felt good sitting on it, light as a feather. It felt more expensive than $8,000. But something just stopped me from wanting to ride it home.

So, I bought a 2007 Honda 919. I went for a ride on the 919 and was instantly smiling ear to ear. I even power wheelie'd it in front of the dealership. Fun bike, great power curve and in a weird way, similar to the FZ-09. Cept for the fact that I only paid $4800 for it. And, I like to be different. The 919 never really caught on here in the states, and after riding it, I don't understand why. Freaking awesome bike. Well, I will be ordering a new seat though.

I still have an eye on the FZ-09, but I may wait a couple of years and see how the bike develops. I also want to see what Triumph's response will be. Hell, what everyones response will be. A 414 lb bike with that much power for $8,000 is gonna sell like crazy and cause everyone else to build a new bike to match or beat it. This FZ-09 may end up being the greatest thing to happen for us since the 80's Honda interceptor or the first Ninja. Who knows what great low priced bikes will be created as a result of the FZ-09?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I really thought I was going to buy that FZ-09, but to me, those wheels are horrendous. And I wanna see what happens as a result of this bike before writing a check for $8,400.

Yep, went to buy an FZ-09 that I had been dreaming about all summer and rode off on a 919. What a day.

Solarbronco screwed with this post 09-29-2013 at 09:14 AM
Solarbronco is offline   Reply With Quote