View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #190
DRRambler OP
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 838
Day 37 Skelly goes to Lockup

Day 37 Chetumal/Calderitas

I divided my gear into two piles this morning. One pile is luggage for Belize and the other is staying with Skelly in Chetumal. I loaded the bike with the latter and prepared to ride the few blocks to where sheíll stay for the next 11 days. I knew where to find Charlesís place because he had given me an exact GPS location. I had also scouted the location when I arrived two days ago. I was there in a few minutes and was invited in for a cup of coffee. I met my hostís wife and friends of theirs who were visiting from Belize. We spent awhile visiting and I enjoyed a delicious piece of avocado fresh from the tree in the back yard. We moved Skelly into the back yard under cover and out of sight from the street. My gear was stowed inside the house and I locked everything up. Iím pretty confident itís secure inside the fenced yard with two dogs on watch.

Tomorrow I catch a bus to Belize City and meet Wanitta at the airport. Itís going to be a long day for both of us but we are very excited to be having this little mini vacation. While in Belize I wonít be doing a daily update but perhaps Iíll get in a few posts over the next 11 days.
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote