View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #6
rickypanecatyl OP
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,036
Thanks for the feedback Bob - I'm sure you have the same kind of rain in Jakarta that we do in Kuala Lumpur! I do wonder sometimes if riding an unfaired motorcycle at 70 mph in our pounding 6"/hour rain is tougher on a phone in the pocket than the carefully conducted submersion test of 1 meter for 30 minutes!

This was the review from CNET that concerned me on the lifeproof case:

http://reviews.cnet.com/carrying-cas...-35370128.html

CNET liked it but the customers reviews were pretty bad. What seemed consistent was it made it at least slightly harder to hear. Some thought it was negligible and didn't matter and others thought it was bad enough to be a problem. Since I have weaker ears it scared me off.

I just bought the Z1 and did just get hit last night by a torrential rainstorm while doing 70 mph. It handled it better than my old Samsung rugby did though it was inside a case.

I just saw (an hour after buying it) Samsung has a galaxy s4 "Active". Wondering if I made the right choice. The Samsung has more external buttons which I really like as I seemed to have a non human mutant fingertip that doesn't work so well with any touch screen. And they are claiming the Active is glove friendly.
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote