View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #19995
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dust View Post
Yes there are quite a few in the area, maybe chase one down and take it for a spin...
If the new DL1000 would have existed before I bought the ST.... :-?
Somehow I do not think the Honda Cross Tourer will go to the places I have been taking the ST to, the ST absolutely rocks on really bad roads such as forest tracks and mud and I`m not a Honda man :-I
Having said that I took my old DL650 to places where my mate on his GSA took his bike to and even with his great suspension and ground clearance I could keep up felt sorry for my bike though since the suspension bottomed out multiple times and my bash plats took lot of hits, on the ST I got a massive 11 pound frame mounted plate that will take on big rocks.
I`m pretty sure my ST will be in my ownership for quite some time still, she is still beloved and the hopes are still there for a long companionship :-)
I think that any of the bikes in this class will go as far as their owners are capable of pushing them. But in any case, if I were in your shoes I would try to get some test rides on the other S10s in your area and then have your dealer check your bike if it did have excessive vibes compared to the others.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote