View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
nskitts OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
FWIW, I traded my '06 Street Glide in on a '12 Road Glide Custom in December of 2011. My '06 had 40K miles with the 88" engine, 5 gallon tank, 5 speed, and no cruise control. The '12 has cruise, 103", 6 gallon tank, 6 speed tranny, and "new" '09-up frame.

Local dealer gave me $9500 for the SG and sold me the RG at MSRP. They then turned around a put a tag on my SG for $13,995 and it sold within 2 weeks. Don't know what they actually sold it for but this was in the winter of 2011. Salesman did say they could offer more on a SG as they were more popular and could easily sell them.

If in my part of the country, I'd be happy with $10K for your bike on a trade assuming it's in great shape.

Keep us posted and let us know what they say.
Will do, I have a very friendly small town dealership, Baxter's HD, here and I am sure they will treat me right, I just wanted to get prepared for how low of a number I would hear from them. If it's too low I will just pay big bucks for an aftermarket 6 (or even 7!) gallon tank and ride on as I have been overall satisfied with the Road Glide other than the wind buffeting that I have not experimented enough with to fix.

What I would really like is an '09 Road Glide in the same orange color I have but that is going to be hard to find on a dealer showroom to trade.

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote