View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #4729
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,353
no they don't... they say 4.50" (4.25" - 5.00") it'll work, but the profile is not gonna be as good....racebikes don't have tires w/flat profiles, it doesn't work when you're turning on the side of the tire.... down side of this is your ass sliding across the asphalt... you know, that mushy mix of your jeans and blood mixing together....

bossman... we ain't even mentioned the rim gettin' chain slapped either... try to find a 5" Behr rim on a KTM sumo that ain't slapped.... it pretty much doesn't exist....

all the KTM SMR's came w/165/65 dunlop KR(?) race slicks on 5" Behr rims, and they fit and got slapped like mofo's.... the SMR's were track bikes, and then people put stators and lights and batteries on them and got plates....

i went thru all this for a coupla years til' i got mine all together, trying to figure out what works, readjusted the rim over to the brakeside, even used the beltsander... dumb shit.......... 4.25" Behr take-off rim from zack at woody's, laced it to a KTM cush hub, put on a 160 Metzler M3. the metzlers and pirellis both have profiles more like race tires...... very sweet rig, bike is way more rideable than w/a solid hub, and it freakin' hauled azz.... i switched it over to a dirt rig last year, i'm ridin' in the dirt more so... i still got the sumo rig...

do whatcha wanna... i'm tellin' you what works.... look up those tire specs for metzlers.... slipper clutches are almost a must too if ur gonna go real fast....

davesupreme screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 08:34 PM
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote