View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #464
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,522
I posted in Inmates about my new, one week-old-today, preemie baby, who is in the NICU at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Hospital in Denver. Between his care visits at 12pm and 4pm wifey and I had time to kill so we headed over to City Park and flew 10 batteries through my 350 QX. Great day for flying.

This morning I also put three batteries through my T-copter I converted to a V-tail. I made a new distribution harness for it. The T had all ESCs hard wired. The two fronts still are but I added Dean's for the rear two so that I can easily swap between the dual V-tail setup and single T-tail setup within 5 minutes or so. Best of both worlds!

AUW of the T is 993 grams, or 35 oz. (I remember the 993 because my baby only weighed 980 grams at birth). The V is 1089 grams, or 38.4 oz. That's a difference of 104 grams, or 3.4 oz. That is roughly a 10% increase in weight but a 25% increase in thrust.

Here she is in all her fugly glory

DakarNick screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 08:48 PM
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote