View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #4762
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg71 View Post
I've waited a long time to put any replies in here, but since you asked. I was google searching for something about my f800gs(also happens to be yellow). Oil capacity or some other maintenance. I was already ADV member and a friend of Scubalong so he had probably already told me of you blog but he probably sends me a dozen links every few months so i had never checked it until the random search.

Coincidentally, I live in the Central Coast area of California. Ride dirt (ever hear of Pozo ORV) and street(live just of Hwy 41 near 229 and hwy 58). My primary ride a 98 VFR 800 has over 90000 miles. I also enjoy wine and beer and outdoor things.

I have almost caught up to present. I have enjoyed your journey. I am glad you take the time.
You live in one of my favorite areas in the world. Not just because of the good wine, but the great roads. Hwy 58 and 229 are some of the best. And yes, I have been to the town of Pozo. I once gave a hitchhiker a ride from Fresno to Atascadero. Once he got in the car I was sorry I had stopped because he stunk so bad. I just rolled down the windows and we talked about picking mushrooms to panning for gold.
You also have one of my favorite motorcycles I have never owned. At some point I want to buy one and complete my RTW tour in Australia on one.