With winter on the horizon, I am remembering the regularity with which I have cold start troubles year after year. With that in mind, I set out to create an easy way to get myself out of trouble in these such occasions. In the army, our trucks had 'slave' connectors and mating slave cables. It's just a jumper cable, but with a connector instead of alligator clips. I'll have to have alligator clips on one end, because no one will ever have the mating connector that I'm using pre-installed. But on my end, even with my belt and rubber flap battery cover, a connector will be far more convenient.
The connector that's on there during regular operation is just a dummy. I had just enough old Spacecraft connectors laying around to make one make and two females, but to buy a cover for the male would have cost at least another $50. So this was the free option. The wires are dead ended after the strain relief on the connector end, and are bolted to the frame on the free end, so I don't have to worry about forgetting it somewhere after getting a jump.
...and of course the final touch, the cable itself...
And best of all, my battery was dead all while I was building this whole setup, so I got to test it as soon as it was all completed...SUCCESS!