Thread: Hawk 8
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #148
I Am Murphy OP
Vagabond Sportster

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
Interesting process with the battery. Me, I was thinking of trying to flip side with battery so the terminal is on outside for easy access which mean I would need to be sure the wire is longer than normal in order to reach the terminal.

You asked me how powder coating is going.. here is some of the result..

Clutch Lever:

Rear Hub:

Just shipped the hub to Buchanan's spoke to make Sun Rim for front/rear. I ordered a billet aluminum front hub for KTM (Because I am using their 50mm WP forks and it has 17" axle) and had it shipped there. The front hub will probably be the only orange that will look different from the rest but that's ok because with front brake disc and all, it shouldn't be noticeable from distance but noticeable within 5ft.

I am hoping to get most of my sportster assembled by end of the year (be in Colombia this Nov).

Dude, that came out looking sick! When will you be putting it all back together? This Buchanan wheel, it's the rear? Did you already have a hub to sacrifice, or did they do a total fab for you? That ha been my biggest trouble thus far - mainly because I'm trying to limit costs, but with the rear wheel it's lookin more and more like that's not an option...
Yeah, the terminals face out was phase one, I think I turned my battery around either a year or two ago. Every year I basically just try to make new improvements that will make it easier and easier to maintain on the go...guess I coulda just bought some jumper cables though!
I Am Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote