View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 7,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_R80/7 View Post
Interesting. I have never heard nor read any documents or experienced that higher cylinder pressures require more spark plug energy. Heat, on the other hand, will. The two are interrelated because of the gas in the cylinder. But, at 80 mph, heat is not a big problem.

Regardless (or irregardless), the primary ignition circuit is in no way affected by the transmission gear or engine temperature. So, looking for gremlins in the dyna booster will not be productive, IMO. Good luck!
Isn't it funny what some people hear and read? I have heard and read what I posted up above all over the place. I have experienced it all over the place too. It should be a common fact: The more pressure in a cylinder, the more energy it takes to get a good spark across the spark plug gap. It makes perfect sense in my mind. Especially since I run into this fact all the time working on bikes.

The primary ignition circuit can be very much effected by heat and vibration. That is in part controlled by engine temp and load (what gear it's in). The secondary circuit is very much effected by BMEP as well which is very much effected by load/temp/pressure.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote