View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
error cooled OP
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB View Post
and it seems to be a financial issue more than any other. Our camp within the GWNF is near a fire road which has been gated for at least 15 years. Reason: two washouts on the road over the years where the road traverses the river/stream. They apparently cannot get funding to 1) repair and 2) continue to maintain the fire road at these two water crossings. Only option is the gates get closed.

Thanks for sharing the links!
Hey MGB - thanks for the feedback. I seem to recall years ago you listing your property here on ADV - am I correct? If is the same property I remember here is a GIS overview of the area. Blue is year round open roads, yellow seasonal and brown administrative (gated), red decomissioned, orange closed and purple unauthorized. White is VDOT.

If the road you are talking about is FDR51 - that is the one I have highlighted. If that was open it would make a great loop up to Coon Bridge 1167 and Shoe Creek 263!

Also - as you know Enchanted Creek 1881 is close by - in the bottom of this overview. Any letter coming from a local land owner would bear some weight

Here is KentuckyKLR's snap of Enchanted Creek 1881 from 2 weeks ago - while riding the BRT:

error cooled is online now   Reply With Quote