View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #60
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,002
Epic

What a weekend!!
Thanks all for the support and well wishes
We where greeted with the best conditions I have ever seen at the ridge.
sunny skies and great weather!!
The start was a lay your bike down and run 100 yards, Naturally we selected our biggest rider Radek with the honors.
After several hrs of riding and one rotation, things where a little down in our pit, but thanks to the quick work of Konflict Suspension and the help of our outstanding pit crew we rebounded and kept pushing on.
Most of the day we where trailing 1st place in the sportsman class by approx. 15 min. Somehow in the early evening we took over the top spot in that class.
As night fell spirits where high and everyone was running fast consistent laps.
During the wee hrs of darkness the heavy fog set in, visibility dropped from 10 to 50 ft for several hrs, this was my favorite lap, passing more bikes than I could count What a hoot!!
After my last night lap I went to bed for a few hrs, when I awoke the wind was blowing strong and we had slipped to 2nd place
It came down to the last 4 riders, Radek, Jason, Myself and Alex
Everyone pulled very fast laps and when I went threw the traps they showed us back in the lead
Alex then took over and ran his fastest lap, a stellar effort by all.
We came threw with what we thought was a win
After a protest by the 2nd place team we lost a lap due to a sweep who had our same transponder #??

We finished of with a 2nd in the Sportsman class and 17th overall out of 96 teams. Not to bad for a bunch of 500 plus Lb bikes.
Our support Team of Jonathan Blunt, Ovi Puia, Jim Engel, Paul Susbauer, Bob Williams, Clif Brown, Sandra VanNieuwenhuise, and Heather Martens
Made all the difference. They kept us comfortable and in high spirits

I for one am one sore puppy this am, but looking forward to next year!!
Photos etc to come..
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote