View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #350
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,862
Day 2

Day 2 is the day we head up White Mountain and down to Bishop for lunch. Sorry, no video for this day.

The morning started off quite chilly. The weather was cold in the mornings but would quickly heat up once your blood began flowing. Then in the afternoon it would become cold again. A compactable windbreaker is perfect and easily stows in my backpack.

Leaving Gold Point...

Huge wide-open areas...

Chasing Joel...

Time to regroup...
I'm not sure of this rider's name. Please chime in. I do know he lost his license plate less than 24-hours after receiving it from the DMV.

Steve from West FL. He rode his KLR all the way across the country and back. This was his first dirt ride and he was loving it. Great job, Steve!

Mark came to camp and hangout with us for a day.

Regroup at the next trail head. There were something like 28 bikes!

Uggghhh???

Joel...

Rob...

Zach...

Joel...

Mark...

Rob...

Here's the wet and slippery climb where a few riders went down. Here are the guys moving the big-ass rock making it easier for the rest of us.

From this point a few of us broke off from the group and turned around to head back to camp in case we needed to get a vehicle to the Bishop hospital. It would be much easier on everyone this way and it is no problemo. I've been up to WMRS a few times but this time I wanted to visit the petrified forest. This gives me an excuse to come back next year!

A few of us took in the sites...

Steve from WFL...

Matt...thanks for the fireball shots!

We regrouped at the last trail head to camp. At first there were only a small handful of us then more riders showed up. This pic is after the KLR's I was with had a nut & bolt replacement party.

Steve and Matt...

Rob...

I had a great time. Herb, Sandy, and Walt's hospitality was top notch. A nice little gem in the dez. I will definitely be back. Til next time...
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON

M1Jeep screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 07:50 PM
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote