View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
Gnarly Adventurer
Donmanolo's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Trieste, weird north-east bit of Italy
Oddometer: 116
Originally Posted by GiorgioXT View Post
There is another possibility - in Italy is possible for a foreign tourist to buy a bike (or car) and plate it with an "EE" license
that its valid for a year. The vantage is that you will not pay the V.A.T. thats 21%
I could check for dealers that do this kind of business.
Well yes, but the drawback to that is that you can only get export plates for a brand new bike, otherwise buying as a foreigner is a major headache down here without a resident permit.

Donmanolo is offline   Reply With Quote