View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1000
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookaught View Post
Has anyone altered Rev'it pants to lower the waist? I like the defender pants a lot and they fit me well as long as I don't wear the thermal liner, but the high waist drives me nuts. I'd just prefer a lower waist like Klim pants.

I realize this is not ideal for waterproofing and probably it's better to have a high waist for crash protection, but wearing pants for 14 hours a day makes it a bit irritating... so I'm thinking about having them altered if I can find a competent shop to do the work.

Suggestions?
Hi Lookaught,

The waistband of the REV'IT! pants were not designed to be altered. You could try reaching out to Rainy Pass Repair for a quote, but I might guess it will cost you north of $150 for the alteration. Keep in mind, to alter the pants, you also have to move the full circumference liner zippers and jacket attachment zippers to create the lower rise. This might also affect how the liners hang on the inside of the pants with some excess bunching.

If there is another option for a riding pant that fits your body better, I would say it's easier to throw your Defender pants on eBay and purchase the pants that fit correctly.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote