View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #130
V@lentino OP
Inspektor

Oddometer: 815
Talking Fom Nica to Tica

I think I mentioned before that we have been very lucky in our travels to visit so really outstanding beaches, from Australia to Florida, Mexico, Thailand, Greece... many caribbean islands, so we were quite underwhelmed when we landed in Playa Tunco, Salvador, and not much impressed by Playa Del Coco in Costa Rica, that is until we arrived at Playa Carrillo; Wow

What a beautiful spot, a gorgeous bay, about 2km long, lined with coconut threes, light-golden sand, warm ocean, clean. Frequented by both local and tourists. it was perfect.

We stayed in a B&B called El Colibri, owned by friendly Argentinians, and the kitchen-equipped Cabanas were clean, air conditioned, and comfortable. I'm not big on making reviews of this sort because in the end it is so much a question of personal choices and budget, but for $50.00 a night double occupancy 200 metres from this most amazing beach, it was still cheaper than a crappy motel 6 or super 8 on the Intersate. We had planned to stay 2-3 nights, we ended up staying 5.

Tried fishing from the rocks, but no luck.

See for yourself.

Of course we had some friendly companions

Back to the beach for a few more

Angela wanted to be in the picture too.

We are in the Arenal Volcan area, in Fortuna going to enjoy a day at the thermal. This adenturing stuff is really taking its toll.

Tomorrow we head for Panama and will cross the border at Sixaola, on the Atlantic side, the crossing appears to be a lot less busy than the one on the Pan American, and will allow us to cross through Panama as we crawl our way to our rendez-vous with the Stahlratte on Dec 5th.

So far; we are yet to see Panama but Costa Rica has been the highlight of Central America, everybody has been really friendly, the rode sides, towns and pueblos are significantly cleaner, and even when ridding on secondary unpaved road, all the houses we saw appear to have electricity and none of them looked shanty the roads, beaches are great, and so is the food.

I'll come back later with the road from the Pacific to Fortuna, it was great...

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote