View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
CaptnJim OP
Scootist

Oddometer: 910
Happy Thanksgiving, scooter pilots!

A note of thanks to tell y'all I enjoy spending some time on this forum. A year ago, I was feeling like I was done with two-wheel stuff, after 45 years of motorcycling. I mentioned selling my last bike... my wife said, "Let's get a couple scooters."

I found encouragement here, through the buying process. I have enjoyed the banter, the ride reports, the "New Scooter Day" posts, the curmudgeoning, the "atta boy" posts, the photos... I got a scooter-fix each day here, even when were were off on our boat, a long ways away from the scoots.

I am having more fun on two wheels than I've had in a long time. Probably because it is just so effort-less. That shiny red scooter just makes me want to hop on and go; even when there's nowhere I have to go. Not fast (that's relative), not far.

Thanks, folks. Hope your Thanksgiving is a delight. Like many, our family tradition is having to say out loud what we are thankful for before we dine. One of those things is being able to feel like a kid again on these little scoots. The fun, encouraging spirit here is a big part of that.

Best wishes,
Jim