View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Limey 1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Thanks Salami, but the issue I have is the result of the daily maintenance / oiling...Its the fling off that covers the rear of the bike and saddlebags... even reaching and staining my riding jacket...removing the bags for overnight motel stops ..Reaching under the subframe to put my Triumph on the centerstand always end up with black oil spots on my hands. The crud that builds under the front sprocket cover and the black residue over the mufflers and rear wheel rim...it goes on and on.... Yeah I am a whining sob' but when there is an alternate method of drive and a whole bunch of good motorcycles out there that would be Brilliant with a shaft drive, its a shame that manufacturers don't realize what a sales success pretty much any one of their D/S style bikes would be..I am sticking my neck out here, but if the BMW GS 1200 series only came with a chain drive, I do not believe it would have enjoyed the popular following it has today..If the current 800 cc series appeared with a shaft (as did my very old airheads of years gone by) then that would also be on my short must have list....Sorry to rant...I dislike chains but you probably know that now!
Limey 1 is offline   Reply With Quote