View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #1116
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
My 13 TE300 has been annoying me lately. Aside from the fact that i love the damn thing to death and it far surpasses my riding abilities but is gentle enough to not try to kill me for it. But the e start has been kaputt since 10 hours in (at 30 now) and it seems that my countershaft seal has been leaking this whole time. As far as i can tell, the bendix is what needs to be replaced, but i hesitate handig over the money for a replacement if it's just going to break again. How KTM managed to screw up a bendox design is beyond me. As far as the cs seal, i dunno. Probably should expect to replace this a lot eh?

Sent from my Tandy 1000 mobile using DOS
A worthwhile read for you, I think: http://ktmtalk.com//index.php?showtopic=470619&hl=

I wrestled with the 350 watt starter on my friend's bike for a year, yada, yada, yada . . .

IMHO, KTM out of common decency, should have sent everyone with a magic button 300 a shiny new 410w starter. But then they should also send everyone with an orange bike a kick stand worthy of the name.

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote