View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #1117
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
My 13 TE300 has been annoying me lately. Aside from the fact that i love the damn thing to death and it far surpasses my riding abilities but is gentle enough to not try to kill me for it. But the e start has been kaputt since 10 hours in (at 30 now) and it seems that my countershaft seal has been leaking this whole time. As far as i can tell, the bendix is what needs to be replaced, but i hesitate handig over the money for a replacement if it's just going to break again. How KTM managed to screw up a bendox design is beyond me. As far as the cs seal, i dunno. Probably should expect to replace this a lot eh?

Sent from my Tandy 1000 mobile using DOS
It sucks your CS seal leaks,but a KTM CS seal is no different then any other,Ive replaced an average of 1 per KTM Ive owned,and Ive replaced one on a DRZ,same bushing with a seal. Sometimes they leak.
Replace seal/bushing/o-ring and its about a half hour deal.

Its a dirtbike I work on it sometimes. If my e-starter breaks I'll fix that as well,Im hoping the 2014 lasts longer.

They DO have a 6 month warranty on KTM dirtbikes so if yours is new have the shop replace the seal/bendix.

Foot dragger screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 05:34 AM
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote