View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,010
Quote:
I will start it off with a camp and ride December 7-8 at Weiser Sand Dunes. Come out and camp or come out and ride one day. We'll have a big camp fire to warm things up Saturday night. Damp winter sand is a hoot to ride!
I rode the DR out to the dunes today to scout out a spot to camp. Conditions are off the charts awesome!!! The sand is nice and damp and carvable. Even on the pig DR. We will be camped at the north end of the pond (dry now). GPS coordinates 44.303637,-117.212087. The easiest way to the camp spot is to go 3/4 of a mile past the main parking area/outhouse. Make a 180 degree left turn when the main road meets the railroad tracks. Camp is 1/2 mile down that road.

Come on out and play! No excuses! All bikes and rider skills welcome. It's only 87 miles from Boise, the last 8 miles are hard packed gravel road. I expect to see some 950's out there throwing some monster rooster tails. I'll be throwing roost on my 450 and Bob will be roosting his 500. Roost there or be square.