View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #3356
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Stada 650 kicks ass again!

Its been a couple of weeks since the event but I had a great experience at PineBarrons 300 in the Wharton State forsest in mid November.

My Stada is all stock but set up with a Garmin GPS and of course, Heidenau Scout 60 tires. It was condidered an Adventure run but more like an enduro event without times. The event was held over two days over a total of 310 miles. The terain was 50% off road, 30% on-road, and 20% trails. There was a lot of sand and slippery mud surfaces. It rained in the morning but that kept the dust down. I'd say the conditions were perfect. During the two days, I had several opportunities to go head to head with other brands in an all-out off road race. The better riders were equiped with KTM 950's and 990's with agressive tires. A bunch of the guys hadthe GS 800's and 1200's. Also, there was a ton of DRZ400's and only a couple of Husky TE's. Nobody knew what the hell I was riding with the low fender and lack of graphics.

There was one rider who was a little Italian fellow who dared to roost me at one point. Roost equals challange me.... So I caught up to roost him back. We raced for about 10 miles, each of us takng the lead on these narrow one and two track sandy lanes. I cant even talk about the speeds. All I knew is this guy could ride that 950 Super Enduro like Ricky Carmichael. The Stada was a beast in 3rd gear and ocassionally hitting 4th. Bottom line is I beat the ball bag off this guy during the final stretch. We finally got to our next turning point where we all gathered to bullshit for a few minutes before riding on.

The crowd of people that gathered around to see what the hell I was riding all seemed to be in shock that I cleaned the pipes of this massive V-Twin animal bike. All I could say was that the Husky is a keeper for me and its not always displacement that wins, it the rider that knows how to use what he has.

I love this bike. I think after I clean it, Im going to give it a gift. I will finally mount the Terra high fender I bought when I got the Strada. It turns out to be the best dual sport bike I ever owned. Enough power for the highway but light enough for the trail. You can't beat this deal. Someday it will be a rare collectors bike and I'm still going to own it. Your listening to a guy thats owned over 120 bikes in my 38 years of riding and racing.......... 310 miles of torture and not 1 single problem other then a little front tire air loss from smashing berms....

Rayzor61 screwed with this post 12-03-2013 at 02:24 PM
Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote