View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #105
atwater1
likes to play in the mud

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
You first have to determine how stiff you want the springs to be. Then you go to a suspension tuner to match the valving to the springs and the intended use of the bike. However, try them first and play with the clickers! Post 02 drz forks are fully adjustable.
First of all, I would like to say that I am very much a n00b when it comes to suspensions. The following may or may not make sense...

I figured I would just start with heavier springs and play with the clickers. Then, if necessary, go the route of new/updated valving. I have found different websites that will calculate a heavier spring based on the riders weight and intended riding style. However, given that the wee is a bit () heavier than the drz, I am unsure of how much extra stiffness will be needed just to overcome that. I suppose I could calculate the difference in weight of the bikes, and add that into the riders weight, but I don't really know if there is more to it than that or not.

Did I mention I'm in a little over my head when it comes to the dark art that is suspensions...

Atwater1
atwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote