View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #12713
travelingaustralian
Globe Trotting

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinMotorrad View Post
I see you still have the stock snorkel, this is likely where your idling problems are coming from. Take a look throughout the ECU Thread here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685657. Quite a few mods to the stock snorkel. What filter are you using?

It's worthwhile getting TuneECU (it's free) and the relevant cables, this will let you see what fault codes are being logged by your ecu. I saw when I was editing the quote that you are using a Mac - TuneECU is windows only so you will have to partition your drive and install a version of windows, this means you need an external HD to back up onto. I'd get Win7 if you can, avoid Win8 at all costs.

When you reinstalled the air box how did you route the throttle cables, under or over the front r/h air box mounting bolt? If you've got bar risers fitted this may have put the cables under strain - there are other here with more knowledge than me on that topic though.

Another thought: when you were following the RR instructions did you undo the throttle cables to thread them through the r/h plastic frame guard? Many here, myself included just cut the guard, more quick and simple. Again, TuneECU will tell you of problems here.
MeinMotorrad,

Thanks for the info. The bike is running a K&N filter with the top of the air box drilled to allow extra air into it. I want to change this and fit the open filter box. I ran the cables above the air box r/h mount. I've inverted the throttle body 180deg because I have fitted the bar rasers this gave the extra cable required. I did the same as you and cut the plastic cover to remover it.

"Quad Biking in Antarctica"----->http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...886240&page=10
travelingaustralian is offline   Reply With Quote