View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #15
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's KLR View Post
Works for me. There any plan yet? Apple Jam said he was going to put together some tracks heading down from Portland. Might be a good starting point to consider.
No plan yet. For the Cascade Route, it primarily depends on when Apple Jam is available. I have limited weekends available for a long trip, so if the Cascade Route doesn't work out, I'll likely be looking at one of the other OBDR routes that I can do in 3 days or so. Or possibly tagging along with one of the other inmates who are offering it up as an alternative...

Not sure yet if my wife will be going. Not likely though. Either way...given the ride report AJ listed for his Cascade Route, I expect that I would be doing a one way trip on those tracks. I would then either ride home or have a rig waiting in Sisters to trailer the bike home.

I haven't seen the tracks you mentioned from AJ. I'm game for starting wherever he thinks is best. He rides a hell of a lot more often than I do! :) I'm hoping to get a lot of riding in before this trip so I don't slow folks down too much! I'm beginning to look at gear for the bike and am considering whether or not to leave my home made ammo can panniers behind on this trip in favor of some soft ones...
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote