View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #722
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Is it possible to wire these in so that they come on only with the high beam on? If so, what harness set up would you need. I am thinking on a street bike this may be the wise way to go. Run the high beams and Long range lights in the day time and have them available at night when conditions are such that you can use it. Thanks.

Or, what are others doing that have these on street ridden motorcycles?
I set mine up that way. I just used the regular standard wire harness with the switch.
I wired the switch to the blue wire (high beam lead) behind the headlight.
This way I can run the headlights by themselves or flip the switch and now the LED aux lights come on with the high beams only so when I'm on a road with traffic I don't have to hit two switches to dim all the lights, just the regular low beam light switch.
There is quite a bit of wire in the harness so I shortened a few of the wires to clean up the installation under the tank.

There is a little pocket of room on the right side of the frame between the frame and the airbox that I put the relay. I put the fuse under the seat for easy access if needed. I believe there is another fuse near the switch which I located next to the 12v outlet on the left side of the dash. Underneath that outlet there is an access hole which allows you to get to the aux power wires and the fuse for the switch without tearing apart any body panels.