View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #1820
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Klinquist,

How do you like the AK20 conversion on your forks? Did this install add adjustability? I just bought an 800XC and looking at future mods like a 19" wheel laced in for better road handling. Thanks. Your bike looks great!! Let us know how those Karoo IIIs work. Traction and longevity.

The AK20s are triple adjustable. I'm not bottoming out the front anymore... and it feels *really* good, but I've got an appt with a local suspension guru to help me get it all tuned in, get the appropriate preload set, etc... so stay tuned.

Karoo3s are great on the street (little wiggle at 75mph full lean ) and also great in the dirt... longevity... well, I've got 1800 miles on them so far and I might get another 1500 depending on how I ride.. so not great. Most knobbies melt at high speed and going to/from Death Valley was ~850 miles total @ 80-85mph, so that didn't help.

For control reference my OEM Scorp Trails were toast at 3900 miles.