View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #60
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmyzrider View Post
maybe, just maybe, i should get involved in this ride. I've been looking into central Montana quite a bit. Kings Hill, Lewistown and such. 3/4lb burgers in Utica are Killer!

I Don't know what you guys are thinking of for this year, that north south road on the west side of Glacier is dirt. so that is a good option. and from there let me know and I will help where I can.

A ferry crossing on the Missouri would be fun to include if the route takes the group that far east, those crossings are downstream from greatfalls, and there are a few of them.....just a thought
OK, you got me. Virtually everything you mentioned has been in the planning hopper. The trouble I've run into is the distances involved. To run everything Timmer and I have discussed would take over 1,700 miles and well over our self allotted 7-8 days.

I worked out of Lewistown for several years back in the mid 70s. Yes, there is some interesting back road potential. I've put together some routes which include virtually everything you mention (ferries, breaks, Judiths, Snowys, Castles, Little Belts, and even Utica. But, right now I'm sidelining that region due to the distances involved AND also due to the weather at the end of July. It can be miserable hot and there ain't much shade.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote