View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #89
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagoolin View Post
Would suggest that you go with the XT as well. They are basically the same bike but the TW has the big tires. But the XT is able to obtain higher speeds and makes necessary road riding much more injoyable.

I think if it were just my second bike I would go with either the XT250 or the KLX250, but my wife has never been on a dirt bike in her life. She originally sat on an XT at the dealership and liked it for seat height and comfort, so it is definitely still in the top two choices. I'm just thinking that the TW might be the perfect first bike as it has less power, more stable tires and low gearing (things I have read on forums from riders, not personal experience). She has been a little hesitant anyway, so I want her first bike to be something she can be very comfortable with right out of the gate and gain confidence quickly...

That being said...my XR650L is the only dirt bike I've been on in 25 years and I've only been on it a dozen or so times since I bought it last April (including a handful of ADV days mixed in), so I welcome any and all tips, opinions, etc.! A noob talking his wife into becoming a noob!
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote