View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #3918
ZappBranigan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post

ZRX1100 / ZRX1200....which was not a sales flop, nor was the Bandit.
The Bandit I'm referring to is the 1200 without the fairing. AFAIK was only sold for 1 or 2 years (2000/2001 or 2001/2002.)

Suzuki must have dropped it for a reason and I assume the reason is because the Bandit with the fairing outsold it by quite a bit.

Ditto for the Kawasaki ZR-7. Was sold in both faired (ZR-7S) and unfaired (ZR-7) models but the unfaired bike was only sold for a short time before being dropped. Assuming that big companies like Kawasaki don't get where they are by leaving money on the table, I can only figure that they dropped the naked ZR-7 because of disappointing sales.

Also, at the risk of being pedantic, the ZRX-1100 and 1200 both had fairings. Small, fork-mounted "bikini" type fairings, but they still had fairings. The truly "naked" (no-fairing and round headlight) ZRX was never sold in the US (although I know a lot of people who had ZRX's were able to "convert" them to the round headlight pretty easily.)

I don't know why but I've never liked fairings on bikes. Even though I understand the benefits, I still don't like them. Windshields I'm OK with, but I just don't like fairings of any kind. I've ridden quite a few faired bikes but I've never owned one.

ZappBranigan screwed with this post 02-06-2014 at 07:24 AM
ZappBranigan is offline   Reply With Quote